I am very grateful with Flores, Tawney & Acosta, P.C. for all the hard work they have done with my case. They fought and fought and never gave up. They were always honest and very helpful. I’m truly blessed and grateful that I hired Flores, Tawney & Acosta, P.C. to represent me and I will recommend them to anyone because they do give up on you and fight with everything. Thank you Connie Flores and Daisy Chaparro for your hard work. I will always be very appreciative and grateful with both of you.
— Joe L.
Semi-trailer trucks are involved in far more than their fair share of devastating highway accidents. According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), commercial trucks were involved in 13.9 percent of all deadly accidents in New Mexico and 10.9 percent of all deadly accidents in Texas. This is true despite the fact that semi-trailer trucks are involved in just 3 percent of all accidents in each state.
The bottom line: large trucks are inherently dangerous and they must always be operated with the absolute highest level of safety in mind. The big trucking companies cannot put profits over people. Yet, far too often, trucking operations fail to live up to their legal duties. At Flores, Tawney & Acosta P.C., our truck accident attorneys in Las Cruces help victims in New Mexico and Texas seek the full and fair compensation they rightfully deserve.
Were You Injured in an 18-Wheeler Accident? The Four-Step Checklist to Protect Your Rights
Unfortunately, many truck accident victims are unable to obtain a full settlement offer because they make mistakes soon after their crash or during the early stages of the claims process. To protect yourself from these errors, please follow our four-step truck accident checklist:
- Get medical attention: After an accident, you must seek professional medical assistance. Not only do you need to do this to protect your health, but it is important to preserve your right to file a personal injury claim.
- Secure evidence: Successful claims are based on strong supporting evidence. Try to take proactive measures to secure all evidence that is relevant to your claim. This includes taking photographs and getting witness contact information.
- Never admit fault: When speaking to an insurance adjuster, do not admit fault (even partial fault) for your commercial truck crash. Let your attorney deal with the issue of fault.
- Get legal help: Finally, the semi-trailer truck accident claims process is notoriously complex. You should not go through it on your own. Get assistance from a qualified truck accident lawyer.
How Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Las Cruces Can Help You
We have extensive experience handling truck accident injury claims in New Mexico and Texas. Our attorneys know exactly what to expect from the big truck companies and their insurers. We are ready to take on your claim from the days immediately following your crash all of the way to the day at which your case is finally resolved. Some of the specific things that we will do for you include:
- Gathering and assembling all evidence related to your case;
Working with your doctors to ensure that you receive the proper treatment
- Working with medical experts and accident scene recreation experts to establish liability and your damages
- Using legal tools, such as subpoena power, to get critically important information held by the trucking company, including electronic recording data, driver safety history and truck maintenance records
- Handling all negotiations with the insurer
Request Your Free Case Evaluation Today
At Flores, Tawney & Acosta P.C., we fight aggressively to protect the legal rights and financial interests of commercial truck accident victims. If you were hurt in an accident in West Texas or Southern New Mexico, we can help. Please get in touch with our truck accident lawyers in Las Cruces today at 575-222-1000 to schedule a free review of your case.
We serve clients throughout New Mexico and Texas. See a full list of our many office locations.