Offices in El Paso, TX & Las Cruces, NM
At Flores, Tawney & Acosta P.C., our compassionate attorneys are dedicated to helping victims seek fair compensation for their injuries. If you were hurt in an accident, we have the skills and experience necessary to help you hold the responsible party fully accountable. Our team is committed to improving safety in communities across New Mexico and Texas.
Since the first day I met Connie, I felt very comfortable with her. She was very easy-going and very professional. The first time she went to my house is the reason for that. I couldn’t walk. She went to my house, and I was very happy and proud that she could do that. My wife and I are very happy with Connie and her staff because they were very helpful, and they were always there when we needed them.Review by: Ruben GranadosReviewing: Personal Injury Legal ServicesDate published: 11/01/2017Rating: 5 / 5 starsNature of Case: Personal Injury — Dog Bite
Injuries Sustained: Lacerations to right arm, right leg
Personal Injury Services We Offer
Throughout our years of service, we have handled a wide variety of different types of personal injury claims. No matter the specific facts of your case, our team is ready to help. Some examples cases that we often take on include:
- Auto accidents
- Semi-truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle collisions
- Premises liability claims
- Slip and fall claims
- Dog bite attacks
- Defective products cases
- Workplace injuries
- Oilfield accidents
- Wrongful death claims
We Can Help You Hold the Negligent Party Liable
To hold another party liable for your injuries, your attorney will need to be able to prove that they were at fault for your accident. Legally speaking, fault must be established in accordance with the standards set forth in the state where your accident occurred. In general, both Texas and New Mexico operate under very similar comparative negligence standards. There are two important things that victims must know about this type of legal standard:
- Liability is based on negligence: Negligence is defined as the failure to exercise reasonable care in a particular situation. Put another way, to prove negligence your personal injury lawyer must be able to prove that the defendant’s action (or inactions) were unsafe, and that the defendant’s misconduct contributed to your injuries.
- Liability is divided proportionally: In some cases, the apportionment of liability will be straightforward. For instance, if a trucking company is found to be 100 percent responsible for your crash, then that company will be held liable for 100 percent of the damages. However, other cases are more complex. When two or more parties share responsibility for an accident, the liability will be split in direct proportion to their amount of fault. If a defendant is found to be 70 percent at fault for your accident, then they will be liable for 70 percent of the total accident damages.
Compensation Available to Injured Victims
In both Texas and New Mexico, victims are entitled to seek recover compensation that accounts for the full extent of their losses. Our attorneys can help you seek recovery for any direct monetary losses you sustained, as well as any noneconomic losses related to your accident. More specifically, depending on the facts of your claim, we may be able to help you obtain financial relief for:
- All of your medical expenses
- Long-term disability
- Lost income, including loss of future economic opportunity
- Pain and suffering
- Severe physical trauma, such as disfigurement
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Wrongful death damages
Get Legal Help Today
At Flores, Tawney & Acosta P.C., we have extensive experience handling all types of personal injury claims in Texas and New Mexico. If you were injured in an accident, we can help. To request a free, no-obligation review of your case, please call our Las Cruces, NM office today at 575-222-1000 or our El Paso office at 915-308-1000.